Genetic Testing of Zebrafish
The zebrafish is a powerful genetic model organism for developmental, disease and drug screening studies. With the recent introduction of tools such as CRISPR making the development of genetically modified zebrafish more practical, genotyping of zebrafish adults and embryos is becoming increasingly important in order to ensure standardization and reliable, repeatable study results.
GenoTyping Center of America provides rapid, high-throughput zebrafish genotyping, zygosity testing and point mutation genotyping for adult fish and embryos. Simply submit fin clips or extracted/purified DNA at room temperature (or on ice if already frozen) and we will provide validated, guaranteed results within 2-3 business days.
- $7.00 per target, plus $4.00 per additional target
Pricing is per sample, so…
… a single sample with 1 target costs $7
… a single sample with 2 targets costs $7 + $4 = $11
… a single sample with 3 targets costs $7 + $4 + $4 = $15
- Start your FREE Trial today!
*Additional testing not indicated on the original submission, but requested within 24-hours after results are delivered, will be charged at the additional target price. Testing requested beyond 24-hours will be charged at the 1st target price.
Sample Submission Information
- Strain name
- Mutation design information (for commercially available strains only the vendor information is necessary)
- Control samples (heterozygous and homozygous, if available)
Zebrafish Genetics Resources
Genetic Mutation Projects
- ZIRC Zebrafish Lines
- Zebrafish Genome Project
- (2012). Genotyping for Single Zebrafish (Fin Clip) or Zebrafish Embryo. Bio-protocol Bio101: e182.
- (2009). A Rapid and Efficient Method of Genotyping Zebrafish Mutants. Developmental dynamics : an official publication of the American Association of Anatomists. 238(12):3168-3174.
- ZFIN (The Zebrafish Model Organism Database)
- ZFIN Atlas of Zebrafish Anatomy
- Zebrafish journal
- A Lifespan Atlas of the Zebrafish
- Interactive Atlas of Zebrafish Vascular Anatomy
- ZebraFish Anatomy Portal (ZFAP)
- A guide for the laboratory use of zebrafish Danio* (Brachydanio) rerio
by Monte Westerfield, Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon
- Zebrafish in the Classroom (for K-12 education)