Assay Design Tools
We pride ourselves on developing the best assays for your genotyping needs. The more information we have, the better the design. Once we determine the nature and structure of the mutation present in your strain, we will develop a strategy for genotyping your strain. Request a new assay here.
- Name of the strain. Your in-house name and the official nomenclature.
- Name of the vendor that it came from if it is commercially available.
- Map and/or description of how the mutant was produced and its location.
- If it is a transgene, do you plan on matings capable of producing homozygotes? Do you need to know zygosity?
- Complete sequence, if available.
- Current genotyping method and primer sequences.
- Known positive controls. Ideally, homozygous, heterozygous or hemizygous. See our FAQ (“How do I interpret my results?”) for explanations of zygosity nomenclature.
If you do not have all of the needed information, please contact us. We may be able to find missing information from commercial vendor websites or other resources.