Three easy steps:
- Collect samples in tubes or well plates
- Sign in and submit online or mail in a completed genotyping request form with your samples (please notify us by email prior to shipment)
- Ship samples at room temperature using overnight express delivery to:
GenoTyping Center of America
10 Water St., Suite 215
Waterville, Maine 04901
Phone: 1-844-800-4822 or 207-951-2442
We ask that samples be collected and shipped at room temperature. Frozen samples which are allowed to thaw will experience significant degradation. Any samples already frozen should be packaged to prevent thawing during transit. We no longer accept samples preserved in alcohol.
NOTE: If submitting samples in plates, unless directed otherwise, sample plates will be run in the A1 – H12 orientation and results reported by well. For incomplete plates, please indicate which well(s) are empty to further ensure proper orientation.
We currently accept the following sample types:
- Tail tissue (2mm)
- Ear notch
- Fin clip
- Extracted/purified DNA (NOTE: Due to the potential variability of extracted samples we are unable to guarantee 2-day turnaround of results. For the fastest results, simply submit tissues for us to extract using our proprietary methods.)
- Equivalent volumes of other tissues can be accepted if shipped frozen.
For more information, please review our guide to Sampling Best Practices for Genetic Testing.